Kuhli Loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If they are nipping, id suggest removal. Or placing him in a floating container, like a tuperware container. One thats got a lip so it will float. Or you could alternatively use a breeding trap.

Can you give us some info o your set-up pls? Kuhlis recquire some shelter, and he should be able to get away from the bluerams. It sounds asthough your blue rams are trying to protect young. Kuhlis would not be the safest choice if u want to breed any fish. They will eat fry and eggs. Kuhlkis belong in groups. Preferably 3-4 minimum i reckon. :nod: So, whats ur setup?

i have a 20 gallon, with 2 blue rams, 5 pristella tetras, 2 zebra danios,and now the 1 kuhli loach. I just added him today. The LFS said he would be fine alone. I have lots of rocks he could hide under. He's under one right now, but the rams seem to think he's food for them.

Well, i wouldnt have thought they would have attacked him, but i spose he must be pretty small. Maybe take him back if it gets any worse. Theres no point lettin him be bullied.

:stupid: i have 7 myself and they all hang out under a piece of fake log i bought but they all come out during supper time (sorry about teh face thing i just like to use that one whenever possible :lol: )

Well my kuhuli loaches are with a pair of blue rams and they get along fine. Kuhli loaches should be in groups of 4 though.

They should, and i agree, but getting more in DJ fresh's case is not going to solve his troubles. Maybe a different type of bottum dweller would suite your other fish. Maybe cories, or a dwarf loach. :)

mr_miagi32 said:
They should, and i agree, but getting more in DJ fresh's case is not going to solve his troubles. Maybe a different type of bottum dweller would suite your other fish. Maybe cories, or a dwarf loach. :)
Yeah it won't help his problem, I would go with cories :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back