Kuhli Loach

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
iv got 4, they deffo do better in groups of 3 upwards.... cute to watch... have been told they dont come out much but mine are always flying around my tank,not bothered what they crash into..

very entertaining.... i would recomend them to anyone :wub:

Dawn xx

Oh the Khuli Loach! Here's a story about one that I had....this was about 15 yrs ago.... I used to live in a basement apartment at my parent's place, then had to move. I had a community tank including two khuli's. As I was transplanting my feeshies to their new bigger digs at my new place, I couldnt find both the khuli's. Try as I might, I was left with just one loach. So I figured that he may have died at some point and got eaten up. They were stricktly nocturnal and had a habit of scurrying back to their hideouts like cockroaches when the lights were turned on so I was not surprised that I had not noticed one die. So all said and done, I had left the smaller aquarium in the basement, filled only to about 50%. Then, about four or five months later I returned to take down the smaller aquarium set-up, and behold! There was the missing Khuli Loach! Having survived in complete darkness, in a dead-tank in the basement (no light, no heat, no filtration in stagnant water). The tank only housed an inch or so of water at that point!!!! :smb:
I got him out safely, didn't get pricked by that spine they have...also he was a bit weak--but ALIVE!
He recovered well in the new tank.
Amazing huh?

my khuli is nearly 4 and a five inches long

not sure how big they grow....

btw mine are black kuli loaches.... diff thing i think..... well not entirely diff... but they dont have the band around them.... but they do have a pinkish tint under there mouths :)

Dawn

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back