Kuhli loach white patches

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ianvaldius

Reaction score
I noticed some white patches earlier today on one of my kuhli loaches. It definitely isn't ich, but I'm not sure if it's a disease or the Kuhli rubbed against something that scraped him. I looked up the issue earlier and stumbled onto a thread where someone mentioned their kuhli loach had made it into their filter and he had some scrapes from that, so I took apart my filter and found a different kuhli alive and well inside it. So I'm not sure if this one might have gotten in it and, being a bit bigger, got scraped and decided to leave the filter (I've only been able to find three of my kuhlis at a time for the past few weeks, but I counted four this morning and then five after I opened up the filter). Thoughts? The tank is also currently being treated with seachem paraguard because I noticed some ich in my black neons. The tank is slightly acidic with a hardness around 150-200 ppm. Chlorine is at 0, nitrate around 20 and everything else at 0.
IMG_2888.JPG
IMG_2887.JPG

Do a large water change (75%), it is possible he got scraped or it's some sort of infection or fungus. Whichever it is water changes will keep it from getting worse or getting a secondary infection

I know this is an older thread but my kuhli loach has the same. Did the water change help out your kuhli or was it some sort of bacterial infection?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back