Kubotai turning gold?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sylvan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've got 5 Kubotai rasboras and I've noticed that 2 of them are changing colour to quite a lovely golden colour. Both of the 2 are the more dominant of the group and they look healthy although one of them is the smallest of the group. The small one seems to change intermittently if that makes sense, some days it looks very golden and others it looks green again whereas the other is larger and was one of the original group stays this golden colour. I did wonder about stress but after seeing how pale the most recent 3 added in were I don't think it is because although it's not the green it's still a very vibrant colour. I can't find anything on Google apart from one page that refers to them as neon yellow rasboras. My working theory at the moment is it's a dominance thing as I did notice the gold colour became brighter when the new fish were added in. Anyone else noticed this or had this?

can you post a short video of them?

it could be males displaying to females.

@Colin_T Hey welcome back dude. Where you been?

@Sylvan had a close look during water change and mine are different shades too.

can you post a short video of them?

it could be males displaying to females.

I've changed a couple of things around in the tank during my water change and they've gone back to a normal green colour so if the two change again I'll try to video them. Also welcome back and thanks for replying.

@Colin_T Hey welcome back dude. Where you been?

@Sylvan had a close look during water change and mine are different shades too.

Glad it's not just mine then. If it wasn't for the fact they were definitely green when I bought them then I would be questioning if I'd bought the right fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back