Kribs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DAZZIBOY1

Reaction score
Is this normal, been running aquarium for around 3/4 months now, all going well, I have 8 neons, 5 Emperor tetras and 2 peppered catfish and 4 sterbai catfish, I introduced 5 kribs on recommendation from LFS, they have been introduced around 7 days ago, I have lost a peppered cat and 1 sterbai, the kribs seem to be bullying them, they dont seem to bother the tetras, have I been given dud information the regarding Kribs.

Any advise would be very helpful.

Ps running a Aqua one AR-620 T

You probably have "dud information". Kribs can be territorial little sods and can really bully other bottom-dwellers. Cories would be particularly vulnerable as they aren't very fast.

What size tank is it anyways? 5 kribs is a lot.

Is this normal, been running aquarium for around 3/4 months now, all going well, I have 8 neons, 5 Emperor tetras and 2 peppered catfish and 4 sterbai catfish, I introduced 5 kribs on recommendation from LFS, they have been introduced around 7 days ago, I have lost a peppered cat and 1 sterbai, the kribs seem to be bullying them, they dont seem to bother the tetras, have I been given dud information the regarding Kribs.

Any advise would be very helpful.

Ps running a Aqua one AR-620 T

Hi

As a newbie myself I cannot really help with your question but an LFS did recommend Kribs to me (i'm still fishless cycling) but only suggested a pair for my 180ltr tank due to territory issues etc

p.s how are you finding your Emperor tetras as they are on my 'wish' list when it comes to my first stocking

who sold you 5?youl have a bloodbath,if i were you take them back,keep a pair,i have 3 but mine in a 5 ft tank theres plenty of room when they breed.i havent a lot in my tank but when they have fry nothing dare go near them,they will bully all your fish,,kenny

You probably have "dud information". Kribs can be territorial little sods and can really bully other bottom-dwellers. Cories would be particularly vulnerable as they aren't very fast.

130 Litre

130 litres, t

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back