Kribs With Fry!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

hudsona85

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a feeling there was going to be some breeding going on since the male was acting pretty aggressive and moving the gravel around. Really was not expecting it so soon! I have 8 fry already from about a month ago in a breeder in the same tank and growing dad by day. I can't tell how many their are now since they are small but guessing around 20-30. Pretty exciting!

https://youtu.be/1hbhBJuniYE

https://youtu.be/YkmpcVTa2Wk

After some reevaluating, it looks like there is at least 40 in there! Crrazzy!
band.gif

Good stuff 
good.gif

I adore Kribs and they're on my list of fish I'd like to keep.  At the moment though they wouldn't suit any of the tanks I have.  Pleased for you :)

Far_King said:
Good stuff 
good.gif

I adore Kribs and they're on my list of fish I'd like to keep.  At the moment though they wouldn't suit any of the tanks I have.  Pleased for you
smile.png

Thank you! They are really great to have! I am really surprised at how easy they are to breed not that I intentionally wanted it that way. I guess I was unintentionally had the parameters just right!

Congrats! Great looking fish.
I used to have Kribs and loved them... Into Malawi mbunas now....but Kribs are still possible in ANOTHER tank lol

Thank you! I just might have to get another tank just for the kribs... Right now I have a 10gal breeder tank going to separate from the Pair and the hostility that has grown in my 55gal. The pair actually looks like they might be at it again!

hudsona85 said:
Thank you! I just might have to get another tank just for the kribs... Right now I have a 10gal breeder tank going to separate from the Pair and the hostility that has grown in my 55gal. The pair actually looks like they might be at it again!
Oh they will be, and again and again.... lol I couldn't get mine to stop in the end I had to syphon out the eggs as I would be overrun, they are beautiful fish but found them a bit overbearing in a community with all their breeding and protecting it would be good to have a tank on their own, I eventually found homes for all the fry and parents too as I have a pair of angels now 
ohmy.png

Congrats.  I used to bread Kribs like crazy.  They are fun for sure!

betta fish said:

Oh they will be, and again and again.... lol I couldn't get mine to stop in the end I had to syphon out the eggs as I would be overrun, they are beautiful fish but found them a bit overbearing in a community with all their breeding and protecting it would be good to have a tank on their own, I eventually found homes for all the fry and parents too as I have a pair of angels now 
ohmy.png

They started acting as if the male and female were spawning but haven't seen anything yet. There are 2 different spots the pair likes to lay the eggs which is either in the house or inside the mouth of the dragon. I do have a LFS who are willing to take them in for credit when they are grown to a certain size. I may eventually separate the male and put him in my 75gal when it is fully up and running. I have also debated on if I should separate the tank from the others like I have before.

fatheadminnow said:
Congrats.  I used to bread Kribs like crazy.  They are fun for sure!
Kribs are fun but it seems the male gets more and more aggressive each time spawning happens. It is a bit nerve wrecking.

Update with the original fry. Alive and doing well! They have graduated from the 10 gallon to the 29 and really seem to like it! Not quite understanding why the pictures wont show upright??? Anyone have an idea as to why this is??

20151110_025400684_iOS.jpg
20151110_025352534_iOS.jpg

Most reactions

Back