Kribs Sex?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

paul_219

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
When can i know the sex of my kribs at what age? I have around 8 of them in my tank? But dontknow wic is mael and which is female what iknow is they are very active and gr8. Do they have a fast growth rate?

Female Kribs have nice pink bellies. It can get to be hot pink, if they are really in the mood. LOL ;) Males don't carry that pink trait. My pairs are running around in a heavily planted tank with coconut shell halves for caves.

But at what age i can know ther sex? Do they have a fast growth rate?

But at what age i can know ther sex? Do they have a fast growth rate?

fish grow at different speeds depending on their environment, feeding, etc. so age is always going to be different,
Once they are an inch or so you should easily notice the difference in shape, males will have much longer fins, whilst females will be plumper and may have pinkish bellies.

They should be able to be s exed at 4 months of age. Thats when they are usually at an inch or so. How big are yours?

FEMALES: Deeper Bellies, Bright Purple to red bellies, rounded golden fins.

MALES: Stream-lined Shape, Red Bellies( when they're, ahem, in the mood), and they're fins are elongated. Pic's? I or someone else could sex them for you.

My kribs are different size i have the biggest is like 2 inch and the smallest is 1 inch or less a bit.

My kribs are different size i have the biggest is like 2 inch and the smallest is 1 inch or less a bit.

well at that size they should be fairly easily to id, if you can' see any differences then it is likely they are the same sex, use google or search on here for images of male and female kribs, once you know what to look for its simple

Dude, i saw the thread in the Photo Area and if those are Kribensis Cichlids in a girl. And im fiarly certain im not a girl. Who ever sold them to you should be selling fish. Those are Auratus.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back