Kribs Kribs Kribs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

blackfinshark_3

Fishaholic
Reaction score
alright i donno if uve read my other posts but i have 1 male and 1 female krib in a 35g long (36') with the others in my sig.

the female has built a nest behind a flowerpot and now shes building a second nest under a cave i built out of rocks.

are they like rams where if they arent born in the right days or w/e they wont mate together?

or will they mate since they only have 1 choice? i dont wanna sound cruel but i wanna breed kribs but i dont think i have enough room for more in my 35g.

the male chases the female around alot and when she sees him coming shell lean completly against the flowerpot to try to escape....any help?

thx for the future help....bye bye now :thumbs:

They work like rams and other monogomous cichlids. Their breeding cycles need to line up in order for them to be compatible. Sometimes some patience will see it start to line up, often the aggression becomes too much before this can happen, if it was going to. Pairs are best formed by introducing a few juveniles and letting them pair off on their own, and if these two were randomly put together, keep an eye on them and make sure the aggression doesn't get out of hand.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back