Kribs Digging...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yep you now get to just relax and wait mum and dad do ALL the work once they are free swimming feed live baby brine shrimp it easier if you use a syringe and feed directly into the group

I now have many many baby Kribs...

They bimble around along the ground under one of the parents bellys, the parents seem to take turns swimming around with the fry.

However iv witnessed some extremely strict parenting... One fry decided to swim a few inches away from the rest of the group so the mom hoovered it up...

I'm trying to get a picture but they are so tiny I can't make them out, I'll have to wait till the venture out towards the front of the tank...

Not really sure what to do with them yet... As soon as they reach any real size they will have to find a new home...

I got a pic sort of...

It's not clear bit it's mommy and babies...

null_zpsff36f10a.jpg

Fluval-1200 said:
That's a lot of fry there mate lol
I'm still my sure as I can never get the full group close up...

But I'm estimating 30+ fry...

They look like they are growing already, getting a little darker and today I can see their eyes and bellys clearly... They have also learned to swim properly!
null_zpsf0b419bc.jpg

Also I have seen a couple of times the parents hoovering up stray or lost fry who have been separated from the group, are they eating them, or would they spit them back into the group?

I can't tell...

I do know that watching the fry is amazing, they're so cute I can't wait to see them grow up properly! ( a very select few, I don't have the space... )

What she will do is pick them up and put them back into the group or put them in the nest, my krib picked up about 20 the other day and just spat them into the group, quite interesting to see.

Yeah don't panic Madjonny they will just be trying to control them by putting them back in the group they will pick up any strays and spit them back out in a safer spot nearer the rest of the group
Congrats on your wrigglers they look fantastic!!! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back