Kribensis Hiding: New Behavior

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jangle

Reaction score
Originally had kribensis with 4 corydoras in 29 gallon tank. Kribensis was very happy would see him a lot especially at feeding. Then I added 6 neon tetras, kribensis was a little aggressive towards neons and had a bad die off them leaving only 1 neon left. 3 weeks later added 7 neon tetras and they have all survived so 8 total. Since the new neons have been added the kribensis has been hiding a lot, doesn’t even come out at feeding. Water conditions are good 0 ammonia 0 nitrites 20 ppm nitrates. I change water weekly. I thought maybe there would be some initial stress but 1 month later he’s still hiding. I was hoping to add more neons and corys to make them happier but not if kribensis is going to stay unhappy. I didn’t want to get another kribensis because of aggression in the community tank but otherwise don’t know why he is acting this way.

Attachments

• 523AFFA5-808D-4C76-86B0-6579685E4A35.jpeg
    523AFFA5-808D-4C76-86B0-6579685E4A35.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 63
  • FB90AA5D-C5D2-48F3-A1F3-8CD14FF44ADD.jpeg
    FB90AA5D-C5D2-48F3-A1F3-8CD14FF44ADD.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 60
Kribs are notoriously shy so it's not concerning behaviour IMHO. If it was me and I'd noticed him not getting along with the neons, I wouldn't have bought more to replace the ones he'd bullied off...

Make sure theres lots of hiding places and they appreciate a heavily planted tank if you can...

IMG_20210424_184936.jpg

This was my little krib tank just as an idea of what I mean about the plants

View attachment 144071
This was my little krib tank just as an idea of what I mean about the plants
Thank you. I was like planning on switching to a different tank mate because of the neon bullying but since the last one survived I thought I’d give it another shot. Probably should have given him back to the LFS and got a different type but things are stable now. Your tank looks great. I’m trying to grow some more plants, some of the swords are doing very well. The cryptocornes are growing slowly

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back