Kribensis Digging Alot

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ReddSamurai

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi, ive put my pair of kribs into my breeding tank and after a week they have dug pits everywhere, i have a couple questions about it though.

first is this directly associated with spawning or is it just general behavior.

secondly should i leave it as is, im due to clean the tank and id like to fill the pits up again.

and finally if they are breeding how can i tell, they have made 2 decent caves and i cant see in either, would it be a bad idea to lift the rock and pots up?

thanks

Digging and making pits is general behaviour, not directly related to spawning. It's fine to fill them in; the kribs will enjoy digging new ones!

Best not to disturb the caves, even if you think they've spawned; it could upset the parents and cause them to eat the eggs or wrigglers. If they have bred, you'll know soon enough
smile.png

Thanks for the info, another question is when do they start spawning. im not sure how old they are but the male is probably about 2inches and the female 1 and a half inches

They probably need to grow a bit yet then.

I'm not exactly sure how big mine were (it's a lot of years ago now!), but the male must have been three inches and the female around two/two and a half.

ok do you reckon its safe then to move them back into the community tank as i think my pair of rams have befriended each other again and look ready too spawn and id like to put the pair of rams in the breeding tank

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back