Kribensis building site

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

EddieW

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My Kribs are seriously re-modelling their part of the tank at the moment. The pile at the front has been building up over the last couple of weeks but the two at the back appeared just about overnight.....

Does anyone know where I can get some yellow hard hats for them?

Attachments

• build1a.jpg
    build1a.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 83
Are they a pair? The digging sounds like they are trying to make somewhere to spawn :thumbs:

Yep - a definite pair. The male seems to be doing most of the digging, it is quite funny watching him spitting out great big mouthfuls of sand and gravel :)

I am hoping they will get spawning soon - they paired up quite quickly but I don't think they liked their original spawning cave too much so I got them the terracotta one in these pics and they seem happier. I am thinking it will take them a while to settle in their new home before they are ready.

Cheers, Eddie

hehe brill fishies! just let em decorate the tank for ya! :p

My kribs spawned last week and it looks like you will have fry soon. :D
i am glad to see that you have java moss the fry love it :D
Ben

Hi Ben,

Saw your fry pics and was very jealous. Hopefully mine will get down to the business soon so I can post some nice fry pics as well :)

Cheers, Eddie

Thanks :D if you have any Q's i will be happy to have a go at them.
My fry are getting bigger by the day!!!! ;)

eddie, i hope you have a health and safety fish in there, it's like a bleedin' building site :lol:

keep us updated as to whats happening, i have 4 kribs myself who keep digging up, then replacing my sand, I would love them to spawn also, but until mine do i'll just have to observe yours thru photos.

cheers

fras

Coool cave Eddie i had two set up in my tank but both were ignored by the pair of kribs i have

The spawning all comes in good time boys and Ben will agree the babies are beautiful......... :wub:

Sorry to rub it in but my pair spawned after a week only about 20 babies then mummy eat some so daddy killed her :-( :-( yes i agree was a tad on the touchy side. But now they have thier own tank with daddy so he doesn't kill all me other fish while he is in protector mode.

and i am really sorry but i cant get a decent pic they are all blurry :-( :/ but as soon as they are big enough to strike a pose i'll post them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back