Kribensis breeding trouble

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Fishguy194

Reaction score
Hi All,

Iā€™m having some issue trying to get my Kribensis to breed. I have a pair which are showing signs i would traditionally say would suggest breeding. I.E. ā€œshimmeringā€ at eachother and flaring colour. Oddly, however they seem to be doing it singularly. By that I mean I only ever see the male shake at the female, or the female shake at the male. Never together as I have seen with previous pairs Iā€™ve bred. It seems the male is also doing the majority of the shaking, probably 7/10 of the occasions. Obviously no eggs from this courtship as of yet. This has been going on 3 and a half weeks. Iā€™ve fed a diet of frozen foods (varying to give them a wide pallete). I have Upped the temp in the tank to 26.5, ph is 7.2, the tank is a 60L. Four dither fish also in the tank. Ample caves but they seem to have chosen a slate cave. The tank is a Planted tank (live plants). Iā€™ve increased water changes to 20% 3 days a week. I have a sand substrate Really stumped as to why they are exhibiting this behaviour but not having any success. Any idea as to what I can do to finally get a spawn?
Cheers!

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back