Krib ate 6 neons

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Midsomer Murders Brit "procedural"as they call it there set in the town/area Midsomer and shown on PBS in North America. As Gary alluded to -best noted for always having multiple murders. Good show tho.

It is rare for a fish to do what this guy has done; I wonder if something else isn't going on.

I raised a geophagus suriensis from the time he was an inch long in a community tank, 40 gallon long. One night, when he was about 6 inches long, he realized a platy would fit in his mouth. The next night most of them disappeared. He went to a solo tank after that for about a year. Found him a home with some africans, but the lady took his cave out and they killed him. I still miss that fish. Might do my 40 long in sand and get another one....

Try this, seriously.
Get a small hand mirror, the sort of things you get in ladies handbags. Stick it onto the front of the tank, facing inwards and sit and watch.
I had a really aggressive Odessa barb at one time and when I did exactly that, he took umbrage at the other competitor he suddenly saw. He did his best to attack the image and was really put out when the fish he saw suddenly came for him at the same time he went for it.
It took a couple of days but he calmed down quite a bit from then. I think he gave way in hierarchy to the image in the mirror and became docile, even hiding away from it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back