Koi stringy white poop

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PorshaF

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My mom and I have a koi pond at her house, she ordered four more to add to the pond offline and they've been in qt for almost a week now, they're about 2inches long. Today she noticed one has stringy poop and sent me a picture. I'm assuming its worms and I know to treat other fish with Flubendazole to treat both types. Is this still the rule for koi? Should she treat the other 3 also or qtX2 the wormed koi? I can attach a picture if necessary when I go to her house. Qt tank parameters, holding tank measurements: 48"x18"x24" ph 7.4 nitrites 0 nitrates <5 nh0 gh 140 kh 100. They've been eating hikari gold, Blackwater koi diet, fluval bug bites(the spirunlina and insect larva) but no live foods, water temp is 68°F

My mom and I have a koi pond at her house, she ordered four more to add to the pond offline and they've been in qt for almost a week now, they're about 2inches long. Today she noticed one has stringy poop and sent me a picture. I'm assuming its worms and I know to treat other fish with Flubendazole to treat both types. Is this still the rule for koi? Should she treat the other 3 also or qtX2 the wormed koi? I can attach a picture if necessary when I go to her house. Qt tank parameters, holding tank measurements: 48"x18"x24" ph 7.4 nitrites 0 nitrates <5 nh0 gh 140 kh 100. They've been eating hikari gold, Blackwater koi diet, fluval bug bites(the spirunlina and insect larva) but no live foods, water temp is 68°F
i think you should treat with praziquantel? not sure

use flubendazole if you can get it because it treats all intestinal worms.
praziquantel only treats tapeworm and does not treat thread/ round worms.
levamisole only treats thread worms and does not treat tape worm.

treat the fish once a week for 4 weeks.

use flubendazole if you can get it because it treats all intestinal worms.
praziquantel only treats tapeworm and does not treat thread/ round worms.
levamisole only treats thread worms and does not treat tape worm.

treat the fish once a week for 4 weeks.
Thank you! After 4 weeks will they be okay to go into pond or should we keep them in qt longer than that?

Nothing local I can find, so online I found this one. Any ideas if it will it harm the beneficial bacteria?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-222037_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-222037_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 63
I separated the sickest koi, which now I think 2 of 4 are sick. But "Edgar" has been in a bucket with an air stone since Wednesday. He started developing a white film on his head-moving down his side and a blister like sore on one gill(same side as film) I have been doing daily water changes, checking parameters nh 0 nitrate0 nitrite <.5 ph 7.6 kg 150, using liquid meds for protozoan parasites per directions, no decor or fish with him. Just bare bucket. The blister today seems to have erupted. My mom told me he shipped from a store 40mins away so I contacted them and they said they had 20 koi in the same shipment die already. Is there anything else I can do? They told me I can exchange them but I'd rather just save the poor fish. I can net him and take a picture if necessary but won't stress him unless I need to

pictures, not in a net tho. put it in a clear tank and photograph it normally

He must have died last night or this morning, I'll still take a picture in case it can help treat the others that are still alive

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back