Koi guppies, beautiful guppies...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, I do keep 4 kinds of koi guppies overhere. The albino koi, platinum koi (grey based), platinum koi (blonde based, black eyes) and tuxedo koi.
They all have got their own charm...

Below: Platinum koi (grey bodied)
livebearer7a 147.jpg

livebearer6 367a.jpg

Below: Platinum koi (blonde bodied)
IMG_1967.jpg

livebearer7 194.jpg

Below: Albino koi
IMG_3121.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

Below: Tuxedo red koi
tuxedo red koi guppy 025a.jpg

tuxedo red koi guppy 036.jpg

Nowadays there are way more koi versions on the market.

Now you have done it!!!!!!!!:crazy: I have to rethink what I am going to do with my 40 gallon empty tank. I had it just about all planned out and you show me these beautiful guppies:D so now I have to decide do I want guppies instead and rethink the whole plan :hyper:!!!!!!!!!

Now you have done it!!!!!!!!:crazy: I have to rethink what I am going to do with my 40 gallon empty tank. I had it just about all planned out and you show me these beautiful guppies:D so now I have to decide do I want guppies instead and rethink the whole plan :hyper:!!!!!!!!!
So, sorry that I've messed up your plans... :)

Ive been trying to build a colony of the albino but robust stock seems quite hard to find in the UK. Do you every sell?

Ive been trying to build a colony of the albino but robust stock seems quite hard to find in the UK. Do you every sell?
Well, it´s not a hard thing to do to create a robust stock of albino koi. But, you need to take care that they won´t eat their fry. Of all the koi guppies I've kept, the albinos do chase their fry. The rest will leave their fry alone.
Not selling at the moment.

So far they have only produced 3 fry.

I originally imported 6 for Indonesia, losing 2 in transit and 2 within days of arrival. I then purchased another 8 from a local fish farm, where 6 died within a week. They were replaced by the farm, losing 3 within two days. So I’m hoping to keep the remaining fish alive. My other non Albino strains are thriving without any deaths.

Attachments

• 990E3A64-3F51-4AC8-B9AA-A06CB5899AAE.jpeg
    990E3A64-3F51-4AC8-B9AA-A06CB5899AAE.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 384D3D0F-C134-41E6-A7B3-3B1F46CE2C22.jpeg
    384D3D0F-C134-41E6-A7B3-3B1F46CE2C22.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 89
So far they have only produced 3 fry.

I originally imported 6 for Indonesia, losing 2 in transit and 2 within days of arrival. I then purchased another 8 from a local fish farm, where 6 died within a week. They were replaced by the farm, losing 3 within two days. So I’m hoping to keep the remaining fish alive. My other non Albino strains are thriving without any deaths.
Albino guppies in general aren´t the most strongest guppies to be honest...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back