KNO3 supply in Uk

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

geoffrunci

Reaction score
Just thought this might be useful for anybody needing to find a supply of potassium nitrate (KN03) in the UK.
I found some advertised on ebay of all places, cheap too.
Just do a search it's supplied in 100grm and 500grm bags. Just waiting for mine to arrive.
Hope this is of use

Sorry Stanley
Not anymore, I've tried.
The manufacturer has ceased making it, acording to my Tesco pharmacy, the only suggestion they had was to try Boots because they use a different supplier.

I've found it quite hard to get hold of, probably due to the other uses it has. I have a link that you can buy 500g for £2.60, but their postage is like £7.50 for all orders I think, so you need to buy a lot to make up for it.

Thanks chaps. I have been looking for places in UK where I can get ingredients for PMDD (KNO3, K2SO4, Epsom salts etc...)

Lo salt is a good cheap source for potassium chloride,a lot of the other stuff epsom salts etc can be found at most gaden centres.

stanley said:
Lo salt is a good cheap source for potassium chloride,a lot of the other stuff epsom salts etc can be found at most gaden centres.
What do you use KCl for?

Ok
Got my potassium nitrate yesterday, total cost with postage £5.50 for 500grms.
Now it seems I have another problem.
After reading "Practical Fishkeeping's" review of various nitrate test kits, it would seem from the results, that non of them are anywhere near accurate enough to adequately judge the redfield ratio. After adding 30ml of a stock solution of 150mg/l of KN03 to my 229 ltr tank, the reading from my interpet nitrate test kit still read zero nitrate. So I guess the next hunt is for an accurate kit.

Any suggestions anyone?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back