Knitting!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishcakes

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anybody here enjoy knitting?

I'm currently knitting a shawl using 100% merino sheep wool, getting pretty laborious though as I'm knitting 90 stitches per row, but I'm really looking forward to when its finished. :)

I've also made hats, scarfs, baby booties, a knitted bag and started a blanket.

Hah! Fishcakes...... I'm sitting with a house full of knitware..... it is my wife's hobby.... never, but never in her waking hours will she be seen without a knitting needle in her hand!.... She just has to hear about ANYONE having a baby.... and she makes a project out of it.... It annoys me endlessly that she's not knitting for profit.....She just gives it away, but I must say!!!.... she's good at it.... (I've bought her state of the art knitting machines, but she still prefers hand knitting)

Hah! Fishcakes...... I'm sitting with a house full of knitware..... it is my wife's hobby.... never, but never in her waking hours will she be seen without a knitting needle in her hand!.... She just has to hear about ANYONE having a baby.... and she makes a project out of it.... It annoys me endlessly that she's not knitting for profit.....She just gives it away, but I must say!!!.... she's good at it.... (I've bought her state of the art knitting machines, but she still prefers hand knitting)

I live with my boyfriend and I think he feels the same as you! When I first starting knitting I had a couple of needles and maybe only one ball of yarn going at a time. Now I have about 12+ balls of yarn, as well as tiny balls of scraps from finished projects, about 8 pairs of needles (maybe more) as well as darning needles etc... also a friend of mine is having a baby soon and has put her order in. :lol:

I knit but Im admittedly not very good at it. I can only knit hats and scarves :angry: The main reason i got into knitting is because I spin my own wool and needed something to do with all the yarn. Ive been meaning to learn how to knit socks but turning the heel makes me scared haha (although i could make a tube sock but who wants to wear those?). I honestly should just make a patchwork blanket from all the different yarns I have laying around. That is a project I could definitely manage. I do find knitting very relaxing tho, but not as much as spinning yarn.
best of luck with the shawl. I know what you mean about wanting the project to just finish already. I once had to pull a hat out 8 times right at the end because my measurements were off. Not fun.
cheers

I knit but Im admittedly not very good at it. I can only knit hats and scarves :angry: The main reason i got into knitting is because I spin my own wool and needed something to do with all the yarn. Ive been meaning to learn how to knit socks but turning the heel makes me scared haha (although i could make a tube sock but who wants to wear those?). I honestly should just make a patchwork blanket from all the different yarns I have laying around. That is a project I could definitely manage. I do find knitting very relaxing tho, but not as much as spinning yarn.
best of luck with the shawl. I know what you mean about wanting the project to just finish already. I once had to pull a hat out 8 times right at the end because my measurements were off. Not fun.
cheers

I tried to leap to socks after only managing hats and scarfs but found it too hard so I've tried to expand my ability to make small projects rather than trying to run before I can walk. I'm now experienced enough to compensate for any mistakes I make, for example if I end up with an extra stitch that appeared from nowhere, I can compensate for it without having to pull loads of it out, which I absolutely hate! A little naughty, but if looking at my knitting I can't spot where I did then I don't think people I walk past while wearing my knitting can spot it either. ;)

My shawl turned out really well thanks! Unfortunately, it appears to have been made for a skinny-er person as it looks a little bit small on me. Still wearable, still looks good but I think when I wear it I may have to cling onto it for dear life as it doesn't "drape" over me properly. Ah well, not bad for a first attempt anyway and I can always "pick up and knit" to make it longer/wider easily enough. Just don't want to do it now as its disheartening, and if I ruin it now while I'm still so happy its finished I'll probably end up in a depression.

I knit and crochet. :) I'm currently making these for my little brother (I'm almost done) in Cascade 220 green heather:

DSCF1453_medium.JPG

I prefer to use zero acrylic (except when making toys), and my favorite things to make are handwarmers... So simple, so easy... so useful... nice... I just like 'em. :D

I'm a knitter (and crochet) too! I like doing cables; those handwarmers look lovely, Serbrider. I'm trying to do miniature lace knitting (for dolls houses) atm; very fiddly (and slow).

I'm a knitter too :D I really enjoy it. So far I've made a cardigan, a bag, 2 scarves, hats and currently working on some handwarmers. I envy people who crochet because I always get so confused when I try to :S

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back