King Tiger Plec

JaminRat

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about the above but can't find any behavioral info on them. I currently have Clown Plecs in another tank and athough I love them they are very shy and days pass without seeing them at all. I love the look of Zebra Plec's but there is no way I'll pay the prices being asked and this is a similar looking fish.

Can anyone shed some light on whether they are shy or outgoing and just generaly what they are like to keep.

Many thanks

Ben

most plecs are typically shy and nocternal.

The king tigers are a nice small plec - the males can be quite teritorial though :)

Assuming you are talking about L66 king tiger plecs I can help ypu. Males can be a bit shy. I find mine spend most of the day in their caves and only come out to eat, they often venture out after lights out. My female on the other hand is always out and about . My dominant males can be agressive towards most things in the tank but only really at feeding time. Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me or stick other questions on here.

Ian

thanks ian thats really helpfull :) im bens wife :)

we were looking at bulldog plecs also but are not quite sure whether to get one of those and one king tiger plec or get a male and female king tiger plec , can you give us any advice ?

thanks ian thats really helpfull :) im bens wife :)

we were looking at bulldog plecs also but are not quite sure whether to get one of those and one king tiger plec or get a male and female king tiger plec , can you give us any advice ?

Thats a difficult one. I am a fan of groups, but then I am trying to breed the king tigers. If you have no experience sexing plecs it may be difficult to get a male and a female. I love my king tikers and think they are stunning. There are 2 more waiting at my LFS to increase the size of my group. I suppose at the end of the day its down to personal preference. King tigers like a meaty but varied diet and when they are new they do not fight well for food so for that reason I would say 2 king tigers as the bulldog may steal their food. I have a few king tiger pictures that will let you see what they look like when fully grown as young ones look a but different from adults.

Ian

sounds like it is a better idea for us to try to get a male and female king tiger , as i wouldnt want one to have to fight for food bless.

can we see some piccies ian ?

sounds like it is a better idea for us to try to get a male and female king tiger , as i wouldnt want one to have to fight for food bless.

can we see some piccies ian ?

I am having trouble posting pictures, so if you PM me your email address I will send you some. I also have nano reef pictues you may be interested in as it looks like you are bout to set one up!

Ian

will send you a pm with our email addy ian , hubby is just getting everything to start a nano in the next couple of weeks :) would be great to see some piccies of that too

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back