King Betta in 5 gallon??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

maddi7777

Reaction score
I recently had to move my King Betta into a 5 gallon tank due to some tank mate issues. He is now living alone and is doing well. However, I have heard from some sources that King Bettas absolutely need a 10 gallon minimum tank and other sources say a 5 gallon is just fine. Is this 5 gallon tank okay for him or do I need to upgrade?? I attached a picture of Krypton in his tank. Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 207
I would even say a 20 gallon.
..4 inches is big for a 10g

Hmmmm I could be wrong, but I am almost positive that King Bettas only grow to 2-2.5 inches at most. Mine is full grown now and he is just about 2 inches. I believe the other user was referring to the Giant Betta, which does in fact grow over 4 inches. Do I still need a bigger tank?? Thanks so much for the reply btw!!!

Hmmmm I could be wrong, but I am almost positive that King Bettas only grow to 2-2.5 inches at most. Mine is full grown now and he is just about 2 inches. I believe the other user was referring to the Giant Betta, which does in fact grow over 4 inches. Do I still need a bigger tank?? Thanks so much for the reply btw!!!
What is the scientific name of the fish you have?

2 inches is standard for regular betta splendens

Yes, he is a betta splenden
Then a 5 gallon will be fine. I'm not sure why it's not classified as a regular betta splendens then haha

Then a 5 gallon will be fine. I'm not sure why it's not classified as a regular betta splendens then haha
Okay perfect, thank you. And I’m not sure really, I just got him from a local pet store and he was listed as a King Betta, and he looked twice as big as the other bettas such as the half moons and veil tails??? Anyway, thanks so much for the help!

Ah then yes I'm mixing him with a giant, but reading into what a king is, they still grow a bit larger than standard bettas, i would still opt for the 10 gallon.

Ah then yes I'm mixing him with a giant, but reading into what a king is, they still grow a bit larger than standard bettas, i would still opt for the 10 gallon.
Okay I will get him a 10 gallon tank my next trip to the pet store, thanks again!!!

I recently had to move my King Betta into a 5 gallon tank due to some tank mate issues. He is now living alone and is doing well. However, I have heard from some sources that King Bettas absolutely need a 10 gallon minimum tank and other sources say a 5 gallon is just fine. Is this 5 gallon tank okay for him or do I need to upgrade?? I attached a picture of Krypton in his tank. Thanks!!
My super delta betta is in a 5 gallon with a top filter system and he's fine with it and maturing nicely, yours looks fine to me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back