Kind Of Rescaping

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I loooove this tank! Just read through the thread, you have a great eye for planting!

Aww shame :sad: i've never had much luck with fry either, gonna give it a proper go if my apisto pair up though.
You could try another female but keep an eye on them, my male turned into a right monster when his other half died.

I like marmite though but i'm going to guess you've not a clue what that is :lol:.

Might try liquid CO2 myself as my DIY CO2 is becoming a nightmare since minnnt made me tweak it :sly: LOL.
Look forward to the updates :good:

Yep. No clue haha. All I know is with liquid CO2 you got to be careful not to over dose cos you'll get tons of algae!
Marmite is the same as Vegemite...... I know that you know what that is
wink.gif

Marmite is the same as Vegemite...... I know that you know what that is
wink.gif

Well if that's the case, I'm not giving it to my plants, I'll slap some on a sandwhich!! :p

Aww shame i've never had much luck with fry either, gonna give it a proper go if my apisto pair up though.
You could try another female but keep an eye on them, my male turned into a right monster when his other half died.
Yeah I thought he'd turn into a bully. But so far, he hasn't bothered any of the other fish, just struts around, minding his own bees wax. But I am worried about playing match maker and giving him a new Mrs.

LOL that made me actually laugh :lol:.
It's worth a try if you can be bothered with the hassle of playing cupid, although if they don't get along and you've gotta move 1 then good luck trying to catch them without destroying your tank :lol: .

LOL that made me actually laugh :lol:.
It's worth a try if you can be bothered with the hassle of playing cupid, although if they don't get along and you've gotta move 1 then good luck trying to catch them without destroying your tank :lol: .
That's so true :(

Buying bread from the man in Brussels
[font="Georgia]He was six foot four and full of muscles[/font]
[font="Georgia]I said 'Do you speak-a my language?"[/font]
[font="Georgia]He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich![/font]

Buying bread from the man in Brussels
[font="Georgia]He was six foot four and full of muscles[/font]
[font="Georgia]I said 'Do you speak-a my language?"[/font]
[font="Georgia]He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich![/font]

Haa! Gold! Made my morning. :good:

Plants are herrrre. Now to get motivated haha.

Looking forward to see the new pics of these plants man. Been keeping a read on your thread.

Oh.... And do you know what goes well with a we marmite piece? A nice cupa bovril :D

G

Looking forward to see the new pics of these plants man. Been keeping a read on your thread.

Oh.... And do you know what goes well with a we marmite piece? A nice cupa bovril :D

G

i'll second that bro!! especially at the football! tank looks awsome btw! look fwd to the updated pics with your new plants :good:

G

i'll second that bro!! especially at the football! tank looks awsome btw! look fwd to the updated pics with your new plants :good:

G

Thanks for all the support guys! Sorry it's taken me so long to get pictures up.

So far, I'm not really happy with it (again ;P). But I need to do some rearrnging, especially in the left hand corner.

My Hyrgo Corombosa's have decided they don't want to grow leaves down the length of the stem, only at the top - which I have to keep cutting off because they grow out of the tank! (I've been replanting them and they have been growing into nice tree's really quickly!)
But any how, the left hand side isn't nearly as lush and full at the top as what it has been..so that has to change! A few plants rearranged and I think I may have it.

The Java Fern and Wendtii have been going mad, as well as the Java Moss. Can barely see the wood anymore :p.
I was just looking at the picture from when I was finally happy with it, and have noticed my Stricta's have grown insanely also!

Anyway, enough babbling. I managed to get a couple of shots of the residents, though I wish I had a better camera then my trusty Iphone.

One of the Sterbai Clan.
CoryJune20125.jpg

Papa Krib (currently on trial for killing his Mrs)
KribJune2012good.jpg

Some of the Tigers - I was going to say part of the Richmond AFL team (Richmond Tigers)but then I realised none of you follow AFL..so that failed
TigerJune20122.jpg

Alrighty - Before
IMG_0703-1.jpg

The Bacopa Monniera and one of the Hygro Stricta's. The Limnophila Aromatica is also in there, in front of the Vallis. I'm hoping they will grow up to be a nice contrast to the wall of Vallis.
NewplantsinJune2012.jpg

The Lilaeopsis Novaezlandiae (What a mouthful!-trying saying that fast 5 times)
RighthandsideJune2012.jpg

Now presenting the..not so finished tank :/. I'm well aware that the before looks 100x better, but bare with me!(Grrr - get it? Bear/bare?... I've had too much sugar)
TankJune2012good.jpg

And here are my ideas. The red circles on the right are just to show you how much my Wendtii has grown! Whilst we're on the topic of how crappy the left hand side looks, I've got some smaller, bushier Corombosa's behind the wood as well, so I'm hoping a little rearranging and better positioning will have that left side looking lush and full again.

Now if we look to our right ladies and gents, the plant with the name that I cant be bothered typing again (we'll call it..grass). I was thinking of moving that to where the arrow is pointing. Making a nice..tall lawn in that gap. Then moving the other Stricta and the Hygro Polysperma to..I don't know yet, but I'll find somewhere. Any suggestions are more then welcome :)

TankJune2012editedideas.jpg

And that concludes our tour of the 165L community tank. I think that's everything. I'm sure I've forgotten something amongst this epic post. I'll try get my hand in there tomorrow and do the rearranging I said.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back