Killifish ! Killifish!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wow. Did they come already? Your pictures are looking great! I usually have to snap what seems like 100 pictures before I feel like I get a decent one. Ha ha! :rofl:

Microworms and vinegar eels. Come spring and the availability of grindal and white worms, I'm going to get those but for now I'm ready when I get fry. I'm out of brine shrimp eggs and have to get some. $50 bucks a pound now ! Oh well, that will last quite awhile.

what I like about the vinegar eels is that it's the smallest nematode to feed to the fish and it swims making it easy for the fry to find ideal for all egg laying fish

I feed all my fish live foods and plenty of it, less problems with water quality and pollution
some of my gold barbs at 2 months old they have been feed daphnia everyday since 3 weeks old

IMG_9396 (640x480).jpg

Wow ! They look great ! Yes, what you say about less water pollution with live foods is something I've read from several sources lately. One Killifish breeder says he uses no filtration in his small tanks because of his feeding live foods only. That and daily water changes. I would really like to take a shot at culturing daphnia next spring. Everything I read says that daphnia really take your fish to another level of health and vitality.

daphnia moina are very small and easy to culture. I have 15 tanks running so never short of supplies

I've been doing a lot of reading on culturing daphnia. It doesn't sound too hard but I might need more space than I have. She Who Must Be Obeyed is beginning to grumble about all this live food fascination and is voicing concerns which are not worrisome but try convincing her. :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back