Killiefish fussy eater

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ry4n7

Reaction score
I have a small killiefish(unsure of the type, it was unlabelled in the store) in with some adf..but it only eats bloodworms.

I tried flakes..the food that sticks in glass and a few sinking pellets(which the frogs enjoy)

The killie doesn't seem to eat anything unless it's bloodworm which I was told should only be a treat rather than an everyday feed :/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

can you post a picture of the killifish?

Most killifish are fed frozen food and tend to ignore dry foods like flake. However, if you offer them variety from day 1 they usually accept a wide range of foods. Try other frozen foods like brineshrimp and daphnia, and small live foods like moths, flies, mozzies & mozzie larvae, aphids and ants.

can you post a picture of the killifish?

Most killifish are fed frozen food and tend to ignore dry foods like flake. However, if you offer them variety from day 1 they usually accept a wide range of foods. Try other frozen foods like brineshrimp and daphnia, and small live foods like moths, flies, mozzies & mozzie larvae, aphids and ants.
He's been in there for a few weeks and barely ate. I'll call to the shop on Friday and get a bigger variety of frozen food to see if that helps. I'll give a feed of bloodworm 2moro.
5d895adf3d0970a2adb5914df5839865.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's a Nothobranchius species and possibly a gold colour form. They should take other foods tho given time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back