Killi Diet?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AmtotheBurr

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
He's eating tropical flakes now because that's what I had. What should he be eating and he always seems hungry. He literally gulps like a whale and lunges at his flakes. I don't want to overfeed him, but he does appear to want more than what I give him. Suggestions on food type and feeding frequency would be helpful!

Ours loved live/frozen foods, daphnia and brine shrimp were their faves and tubifex.

We get oues from our LFS, if I'm not mistaken you keep your killie with one little platy? If so try and chop the frozen foods into quarters and pop it in (defrosted) they will love it!

Also try popping in a slice if courgette maybe again just a quarter of a slice, my platys love it the killies did too.

Was such a shame mine didn't settle in my tank, they are such beautiful fish!

I've read when I was looking at getting these they love bronze shrimp

Mine only seem to be eating bloodworm at the mo, won't touch flakes but that could be that he was living in a water butt for a while eating all the midge larvae 
rolleyes.gif

He loves cichlid pellets, baby sized :) and freeze dried blood worms

betta fish said:
Mine only seem to be eating bloodworm at the mo, won't touch flakes but that could be that he was living in a water butt for a while eating all the midge larvae 
rolleyes.gif

Mine's the same and will only eat bloodworm.  As far as I know he's been nowhere near any water butts :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back