Khulis and Mbunas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PunkRock050

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im going to have to get rid of my other tanks and just keep my 55 gallon, and was wondering if my 9 khuli loaches would do well in the tank with my Cichlids? I was also wanting to put my Striped Raphael in there too but I wasnt sure if they would be ripped to shreds. My fish seem pretty tolerant. I have had a pineapple swordtail in there with them since I first got the fish, and they havent even touched him.

Hi PR50, good to see ya back. :)

Generally, upside-down cat's and suckermouths are recommended for African tanks.
Imagine Graeme would know...;)

What type of Cichlids do you have, and how big? If they are larger sized cichlids then I'd be worried that they would see the Khulis as a type of worm and try to eat them.....just my thought.

These Cichlids are africans and are pretty small. I think the biggest one is a Bumble Bee and hes only 3". My tank is heavily planted with lots of rocks. Will that make any difference?

PunkRock050 said:
Im going to have to get rid of my other tanks and just keep my 55 gallon, and was wondering if my 9 khuli loaches would do well in the tank with my Cichlids? I was also wanting to put my Striped Raphael in there too but I wasnt sure if they would be ripped to shreds. My fish seem pretty tolerant. I have had a pineapple swordtail in there with them since I first got the fish, and they havent even touched him.
ill take the tanks from you :p if you need to just give them away.................plants and rocks give fish hiding spots and places to run away to.

What type of material is your substrate? Khulis tend to prefer sand. Your cichlids will also eventually grow to be 5" or so and become more aggressive. I wouldn't recommend it. Another factor is the PH level. I wouldn't keep the Rapheal Catfish in such a high PH that cichlids prefer.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back