KH & GH Testing Question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Coolysd

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey everybody happy weekend!
Can someone please explain this chart to me? First time using this test kit. The instructions state to count how many drops it takes to turn from one color to another. For the KH, it's supposed to turn from blue to yellow, however I never really saw any blue color. It went from super light yellow to bright yellow with 8 drops. GH turns orange to green which took 19 drops.
The conversion chart is attached and I haven't a clue what it all means. I do know that where I live has very hard water, but that's the end of my knowledge on the subject. I also attached part of last year's water report in my area.
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001_161711.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001_161711.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20221001_155810.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001_155810.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 21
Hey everybody happy weekend!
Can someone please explain this chart to me? First time using this test kit. The instructions state to count how many drops it takes to turn from one color to another. For the KH, it's supposed to turn from blue to yellow, however I never really saw any blue color. It went from super light yellow to bright yellow with 8 drops. GH turns orange to green which took 19 drops.
The conversion chart is attached and I haven't a clue what it all means. I do know that where I live has very hard water, but that's the end of my knowledge on the subject. I also attached part of last year's water report in my area.
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated 🙂
Sp basically the chart is saying every drop is equal to 1 DKH or 17.9ppm. Ppm stands for parts per million. And many of times you can look up what a fish's water hardness has to be and it will tell you in either DGH or PPM.

Which test kit are you using?

The colour change is the first drop that changes colour even though it will be faint. Do not wait for it to darken. If the initial colour does not appear with the first drop, but the second colour does, then the value is presumably low, 1 dH or 1 dKH whichever.

Your test numbers should correspond to those in the table which seems to be your water. It is on the hard side with a high basic pH. The Alkalinity (or KH) is high enough to buffer the pH, keeping it stable/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back