Keeping water temperature down

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Do a gradual water change if you notice that the fish are gasping and the gill rate is very quick. Certain fish, such as Bolivian Rams for instance, can react badly to the kind of temperature you have mentioned. Increase the surface agitation of the water to prevent any of the above symptoms.

"if you are really concerned, buy a room air conditioner and cool the room down"

Where I live, air conditioning is an absolute necessity during the summertime...and even WITH AC, it gets so hot here that my tanks sometimes still get up to 78F, or so....
It's a challenge here in Hawaii too to keep the tank from getting too warm in the middle of summer. It doesn't get as hot as it does in Texas but no one has central air conditioning here and the window units don't quite cut it in the middle of the summer.

Buy a portable room air conditioner. Keep yourself and your fish at a nice temperature. Do it now because the planet is only going to get hotter and you will be needing it more often thanks to humans ruining the environment and causing climate change.

28C is the best room temperature. It uses less power but keeps it cool enough to be comfortable.

I remember an episode of ”King of DIY” where they were in a heatwave in Canada and his AC was out. He floated frozen water bottles in order to keep the water temps down. Fill bottles halfway, freeze and float. Also surface water agitation is extremely good for oxygenation and cooling. good luck

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back