keeping the common pleco in a smaller tank

Thank you so much for all your replies.
I spoke to the original pet store owner, and he agreed to re-home Mr Pleco for me.
I took him there immediatley, (this morning)
He was put into a much larger tank with one other fish.
A huge weight has been lifted, I feel he now has a chance at a better home.
I have shed a tear for Mr pleco and the suffering he mustve endured,.
I will miss him, but he deserves a better home.

I have learned a valuable lesson, to thoroughly research any species before I decide to add it to my tank.
and to not rely only on the information given to me by the store clerk or assistants.
Itā€™s hard to find a honest pet store or a knowledgeable one they either fabricate information or try and pull your pants down ... my local store is similar in a sense , he labels his common pleco as Trinidad plecos so he can sell them as lots o people donā€™t want a common pleco itā€™s sneaky lol

Itā€™s hard to find a honest pet store or a knowledgeable one they either fabricate information or try and pull your pants down ... my local store is similar in a sense , he labels his common pleco as Trinidad plecos so he can sell them as lots o people donā€™t want a common pleco itā€™s sneaky lol

Wow... that's disgusting! What a scumbag.

Why not just... not order any? Bristlenose are easy as pie to breed, loads of hobbyists breed them at home even and end up trying to flog 200 babies on Gumtree for a few quid each, and won't break anyone's tank.

Ooh, how sly! Got sold a sailfin pleco for Ā£18 labelled only as "pleco". It was like a mystery or a lucky dip.

Thank you so much for all your replies.
I spoke to the original pet store owner, and he agreed to re-home Mr Pleco for me.
I took him there immediatley, (this morning)
He was put into a much larger tank with one other fish.
A huge weight has been lifted, I feel he now has a chance at a better home.
I have shed a tear for Mr pleco and the suffering he mustve endured,.
I will miss him, but he deserves a better home.

I have learned a valuable lesson, to thoroughly research any species before I decide to add it to my tank.
and to not rely only on the information given to me by the store clerk or assistants.
Good job, hats off to you :)

Wow... that's disgusting! What a scumbag.

Why not just... not order any? Bristlenose are easy as pie to breed, loads of hobbyists breed them at home even and end up trying to flog 200 babies on Gumtree for a few quid each, and won't break anyone's tank.
Yeah I agree with you , iv called him out on it before n he laughs n says Iā€™m technically not lying to people itā€™s just a another name for them but his size charting is all wrong he labels the tanks of fish with minimum required tank size , apparently a common pleco needs a 5ft tank , Iā€™d say more of a 6-7 ft

Most reactions

trending

Back