Keeping Fry In A 1 Gallon Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tropicalfish16

Reaction score
Hey guys! For a while now I've kept 5 fry (at one point 6) in a 1 gallon tank. I figured that because they're small it wouldn't matter, but I've recently noticed that they are not growing very quickly. They were born about 5 months ago and are still not even an inch (almost though!). So I was wondering if it was okay to keep the fry in the 1 gallon tank? I know people that have done it before and had no problems, so I don't know if maybe my decorations are two big? I have 2 things that are about 2 inches tall and then one that is about 4. Should I take out the 4 inch decoration? I don't know what to do about the fry's growth. I'm worried to put them in my 10 gallon tank because my fish LOVE to eat other fish :D. I could do a breeding chamber, but they always get out somehow. What should I do? And is the 1 gallon tank alright with the decorations?

Thanks everyone!

i found fry grow faster when they have more space (bn plecs and platy anyway) if you do lots of water changes a small tank shouldn't be a problem for tiny fry

Hi, Only once i breed my fishes, and this forum helped allot, at one point Mr.OldMan47 told me that the fries leave growth restricting hormones in water to stop growth of their siblings.Thats why allot of water change is recommended.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back