Keeping cherry shrimps in check

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Heterandria Formosa would demolish the OPs RCS population within 24 hrs in a species only tank. Mine never bothered with my RCS when they were both in my community tank. Twas an expensive lesson. Iā€™m still wondering if full grown Amano would be safe with them?
I too would take the OPs RCS if I lived Lancashire way.

Heterandria Formosa would demolish the OPs RCS population within 24 hrs in a species only tank. Mine never bothered with my RCS when they were both in my community tank. Twas an expensive lesson. Iā€™m still wondering if full grown Amano would be safe with them?
I too would take the OPs RCS if I lived Lancashire way.
Really?...I've never kept those type of killis, but their physical size suggests their mouths wouldn't even be big enough for adult RCS

Really?...I've never kept those type of killis, but their physical size suggests their mouths wouldn't even be big enough for adult RCS
I didnā€™t know at the time but itā€™s mentioned on a few websites. Mainly it mentions if thereā€™s a large group of them. I think I had eight at the time and transferred them from my community tank to be on their own in the hope of breeding which hadnā€™t to the best of my knowledge occurred.
I added the RCS later as the HFs hadnā€™t bothered them in the community tank. Overnight carnage.
Only one of six survived and he was sat on the top of the stick on thermometer approx 5mms from the surface in a corner. I put the net into the water and he actually leapt into it in a get me out of here type style. I think theyā€™ve a lot more intelligence than we credit them with.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back