Juwel Rio 400 Aquarium And Cabinet - Anyone Own One (450L) Questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

clivealive

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Juwel Rio 400 Aquarium and Cabinet - anyone own one (450L)
been looking and pricing up tanks with cabinets got a few questions on this one:
what do people think of the Bioflow 8.0 filtation system ?
should i add a fluval 405 or simular to boost filteration ?
(will be a fairly heavily stocked tank.
do they all come with 4 T5's or do some come with 2  (is 4 bright lighting)
how to the plug sockets work are there spare sockets ?
is there plenty of room to fit wires /tubes etc for filter and air pump tubes etc.
seen for £845 so far with no extra's like gravel etc.
are there better options for £875 -  max tank size required is 5 x 2 x 2
 any other comments on the rio 400
many thanks

Hi to be honest you might be able to get a custom made tank for that kind of money, I got my 512 liter 6 foot tank from ND Aquatics for £640 about 3 years ago. That was tank, stand and hood, then £50 on two 300 watt Ehiem heaters, and then I have an FX5 and an FX6 filter on my tank, I had the FX5 already and adding the second filter was £200 but you can get other brands like APS which are cheaper or you can pick them up for less second hand. You could probably manage with just one FX6 as well.

That said I have had a Juwel tank in the past (I had a Trigon 350) and it was really good, as far for if you need to add an other filter to it, what is the turn over of the pump that you have? If its a heavily stocked tank you want about 8 to 10x turn over

Wills

ND Aquatics is 20 minutes from me funny enough. how do u rate them
sad2.gif
?   512 L you lucky man.

so if u was buying another tank say 450 L   would you buy a juwel tank or a ND Aquatics tank ?

my current filter is a fluval 405 1300 L/ph  on a 200 L at mo .

oh are fx5 /6 quite ish and easy to use

Yeah if you can go see them I would, personally I would go ND if nothing but the colours of the stands. I find Juwel tanks funny colours, the light wood one is a bit orange and the brown one is a bit washy.... picky I know but they are expensive bits of furniture. The tank quality from ND is great as well. The other thing I like about my tank is the fact it has a hood and glass sliders which is great if you have jumpy fish.

FX5 and FX6 are really easy to use - plug and play :)

Wills

is the fx6 a lot more powerful than the fx5 ?
yeah looking  at aquariums4 life but maybe not the metal ones. but no pics of wooden ones.
at mo its ND / aquariums4life or Jewel
how tall is your tank ?

I dont think you can get FX5's any more but the FX5 was 1200lph an hour and the FX6 is 1500lph but it uses less energy over all, its a more efficient pump.

My tank is 6 foot x 2 foot tall x 18 inches deep. I wish it was 6x2x2 but they had a deal on the 18 inch and I couldn't ignore it. The other nice ones are the Maidenhead Aquatics oak ones, I am going to upgrade to a 6x2x2 of that at some point in the future.

Wills

yes the Maidenhead Aquatics oak ones look lovely but mainly 18" deep and lots of pennies

I been looking at the Juwel Vision 450. They look nice in black. As said above Maidenhead Aquatics just up road from me has a stunning oak surrounded tank I would love it but its persuading the other half.

other half always the issue lol.
if i had choice i would get 8ft x 30 x 30 lol

Ah the other half eventually caves in :) It just takes years of persistent negotiating.

Wills

lol i hope so

are fx5 and 6;s the same size?

ND aquatics are selling fx5 s

The FX6 is a bit smaller I think.

Wills

Iv had a couple of jewel visions and don't theyre that well built tbh, iv had the brace bars snap and they just don't feel that sturdy to me. A friend of mine has an nd one and the build quality is far superior to the jewel. i'l be going for a custom one next.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back