Video Juwel Rio 240 - Ideas Welcome

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

L_Plates

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello all, Added a new plant on the right to try and hide the filter. The plant is Echinodorus x barthii. Also i have had to move a few plants around a little as the strong flow was tearing one to pieces so i have moved it to the right aswell where its a little calmer.

Also i have moved over my fish from my 60l so i can use the smaller tank for a Fry / Hospital tank.

I would love any feedback or ideas on the tank as im still unsure about the layout.

Fish: 19 Copper Harlequins, 12 Five Banded Barbs, 6 Peppered Cory, 4 German Blue Rams, 6 Hillstream Loaches, 2 Mollies, 3 Platinum Tetras, 3 Glowlight Tetras, 3 Cardinal Tetras, 4 Assassin Snails

Plants: Aponogeton crispus 'Red', Echinodorus x barthii, Taxiphyllum barbieri, Sagittaria platyphylla, Eleocharis parvula, Sagittaria subulata, Bacopa australis, Echinodorus bleheri (bleherae), Alternanthera reineckii 'Purple' (lilacina), Anubias, Java Fern, Echinodorus x barthii.

Co2: Fire Extinguisher 2kg. Diffused via my SEIO 250 Powerhead.

Video

Images
Five Banded Barbs.
barbs1.jpg

barbs2.jpg

German Blue Rams
rams.jpg

Thanks for reading and any feedback / ideas are greatly received.

LP

Looks great, well done. :good: Only thing I could possibly say is, maybe putting a plant between your 2 peices of wood? Saying that, even I'm not too sure if it would look better. :lol: It would be nice if we could see a whole tank picture, but well done.

I will get a full shot tonight for you.

LP

Found a photo on my phone, here we go.

240latest3.jpg

Looks good, actually I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea putting a plant inbetween the 2 pieces of wood. I think the gap separates it fairly nicely. Well done. :good:

This is just a really beautiful tank. stocking is great, the scape is really nice and well-thoughtout, I have always liked the kinda two islands look, I say keep it seperated :good:

I think I will have to agree with you, the more I look at it the better it looks.

Thanks for the comments so far. I find it hard to get use to things after i have had to change it. Maybe the tank just needs a little time to settle and grow.

As they say, patience is key.

LP

ithink you have a great Job done.i would not change a thing you mentioned you have fry so the fish tank is setup well if they are breeding. Happy fish breed in a well setup tank.nice work :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back