Juwel Rekord 60 Correct Water Level For Pump/filter

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

RipTail

Reaction score
Hello guys, I need your advice re my Juwel Rekord 60.
I just bought and install it, and after I've fulled it with water I just notice 2 different cycles for how the pump is working: 1. If the water level is exactly aligned with the line shown by the filter sticker, than every 15 sec the pump sucks the water and spit it up, making it go white for about 2-3 seconds. And then the cycle repeats itself.
2. If the water level is above 3-4 cm from the sticker that shows the max water level, then the pump only makes little bubbles and very slowly pushes the water in the middle of the aquarium, just like a wind current.
Can you please tell me which method is better and if you have similar pumps or filter, an advice will help.
Please know that 1st method is much more noisy than 2nd one.
Thank you all in advance for your answers!

What make of pump is this? Is it the one that came with the tank? I don't own a Juwel so I'm not really qualified to comment but, to me, the second option would appear better.

Ohh just realised, that was your first post, so WELCOME to the best fish forum
welcomeani.gif

welcomeani.gif

Hello good sir, thanks for quick reply. The pump name is Juwel Powerhead 280 and it's attached on the bottom of the filter. All other Juwel pumps, except this, are installed on the upper side of their filters. Hope this helps.

To me not really, we need a Juwel tank expert on this thread - any takers please to help out?

C'mon people, who has got a Juwel 60 and can help out here please?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back