Juwel Air Diffuser

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

daza

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I bought one of these Juwel air venturi kits from my lfs today and thought that I would post my experiences with it so far.

I bought it because I like the look of the bubbles coming from the filter, and it does that very well. However, there is no adjustment, you can turn it but it's goes from all on to all off (air bubbles that is).

The direction in which it can be pointed are limited by the 45 degree 'elbow' joints too.

But like I said, it produces bubbles well, probably too well for my tank because the water had bubbles floating around everywhere, which I don't think me or the fish liked! So it may be better for those with the larger tanks.

I haven't decided whether to use it yet or not.

if you pull the blue bits appart you will see the tiny gap in the bottom bit
line them up with the notch in the top bit.

yeah I saw that. the gap slopes which indicates an adjustment of the air hole. but I couldn't really find an in-between. maybe i need to play around some more.

daza said:
yeah I saw that. the gap slopes which indicates an adjustment of the air hole. but I couldn't really find an in-between. maybe i need to play around some more.
yeah play around it's a knack thing with them
good luck :D

I used one of these to break up a scum layer on the surface of the tank. I found the venturi to be very sensitive to adjustment. I almost don't twist the cap and the air goes from off to full on. PLaying around with it helps. Also, pack the cap with cotton wwol. This has two benefits. Firstly the air becomes more adjustable as the more cotton you pack in the less air flows. Secondly it reduces the noise quite drastically.
Experiment, you'll find a way to make it work for you.

WK

Your post should be in the flipping instructions!
I must have knocked mine today when i did water change as it went full on racket and i thought ahh great the pump is going to die.
Little Google magic and a micro adjustment and everyone is happy again :D

Sorry for bumping a posts that's a years old everyone

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back