Juvenile Ocellaris Clownfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nano_reef_ubergeek

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just bought a 1 and 1/4 inch false percula clownfish that isn't eating all that well. He won't come too the top of the tank when I put food pellets in .... he seems only able to eat food that is one to two inches in front of him.

He almost seems to need a seeing eye buddy. Is this normal?

-_-

(yes I did return my juvenile domino damsel, so that he would have a chance for a better life in a bigger tank -- my tank is only 10 gallons)

any good LFs should do it. Its cheap and comes in little bags. Feed often over a day or two til its eating. Then mix it up with some frozen and pellet. Quite often fish wont take a certain type of food. Mine wont touch flakes at all.

I'll see if they have some. I did try sinking one pellet at a time and he does eat if he sees it floating in front of him. I do feel that poor vision may be part of the problem and I'm wondering if having parents too closely related (brother and sister) may be a factor. (He's captive bred.)

Of coarse: I've only had this poor guy two days ... he may be just getting used to his surroundings also.

well... he's eating a lot better now... he even comes to the top of the tank to look for food. He started to swim around a lot when I floated a bag with a sixline wrasse that I was acclimating. Durning the acclimation time the clown fish repeatedly put his nose up to the bag and alternately swam around the tank. (he was mostly swimming in place before --- and not swimming around too much)

:S

He's clearly a lot happier now and eating a lot more food too.

I guess he was scared to be in the tank all by his lonesome.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back