juvenile adf tank height?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

satokira

Reaction score
does anyone know what the max water level for a juvenile african dwarf frog is? i know about the 10-12 inches thing but i can never find anything that specifies if that goes for any size adf or only the larger ones

i have a 20 long that i keep my two adult adfs in and the water level is about 9 1/2 inches. i also have two juvenile frogs that ive been keeping in a 3 gallon container until they got larger because they were under an inch when they arrived, but i want to get them moved into the big tank as soon as possible. right now the smallest of the two is around an inch in length from nose to feet. will the 20 be too high for them? if so does anyone know what size would be safe?

Frogs can swim up to the surface in a 2 foot high tank. They can also breath through their skin. A 20 gallon high tank (2ft long x 12 inches wide x 18inches high?) is fine for them.

Frogs can swim up to the surface in a 2 foot high tank. They can also breath through their skin. A 20 gallon high tank (2ft long x 12 inches wide x 18inches high?) is fine for them.
i put both of the baby frogs in the big tank a couple days ago and so far they're doing great :) thank you!

Most reactions

Back