Just visited a aquascape store

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Just came back from downtown where I've paid a visit to a new aquascape store. I know the owner and was just curious how things have been thusfar. Always fun to have a talk with another about the hobby.
Here are some pics of some scaped tanks at his store.
IMG_2396.JPGIMG_2391.JPGIMG_2390.JPGIMG_2389.JPG

They have some nice tanks! I dont have any store like that anywhere.

Not one fish is findable. THAT'S how you defeat algae in planted tanks. Super light load.
MD aquascaping on YouTube is good for low tech advice and philosophy.

How would we rank Aquascaping vs "fishkeepers" from a marketing perspective, would it be more "upscale" ie for people with greater disposable income? My quick scan on Amazon shows a bunch of niche and not_too_cheap products for the Aquascaper

How would we rank Aquascaping vs "fishkeepers" from a marketing perspective, would it be more "upscale" ie for people with greater disposable income? My quick scan on Amazon shows a bunch of niche and not_too_cheap products for the Aquascaper
If you are very involved with aquasxapong and planting that can get VERY expensive... MAYBE even more expensive than keeping a fish

If you are very involved with aquasxapong and planting that can get VERY expensive... MAYBE even more expensive than keeping a fish
Combine the two and you die 😅

Interesting question - I've rewritten this a dozen times haha!

I think really Aquascaping is more comparable to Marine tanks in terms of complexity and expense. Aquascaping is more about the whole tank than just the fish, its about making a piece of art that captures a slice of nature.

Can fish keeping be done well in a £20 tank with a sponge filter and a heater absolutely. Do I want to spend a stupid amount of money to take it to the next level.... absolutely haha!

Wills

I asked a local owner why he doesn't sell Co equipment or even have a natural aquarium on display. "Not in the best part of the area". He says if he was in Blackhawk..
But I tried to tell him you increase the interest.... I tried.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back