Just vacumed cleaned my 10g need advice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
...you should perform water changes/gravel vacuums at least every two weeks, especially if you have no live plants in your tank to help control waste output.

how would you like to stew in your own urine for two months. :no: for shame, Durbkat

Oh chill out. :grr: You know if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. :)

It is really better for the fish to do more frequent water changes, Durbkat- and you can perfect your syphoning technique at the same time. Just see how much pleasure the other loonies on the forum are getting out of it. :lol:

No, but seriously, it is comparatively little trouble and will give them a significantly better quality of life.

My tanks have been so much healthier since I started weekly water changes. And I'm getting quicker and quicker at it. And my fish are getting more and more used to it.

I have a special siphon where you don't even have to suck or pull one end of the siphon out of water like a straw. I have a siphon where you place it inside the water at a 45 degree angle and rapidly move the siphon vertically up and down and the water just goes inside the siphon and out the other end into the bucket. Pretty useful and a lot less time consuming.

Bu twhy use your mouth when gravity will do the work for u? By the way Durbkat you are talking about a tank siphon and not a vacuum cleaner right? Im confuzed

Durbkat said:
Oh chill out. :grr:
[snapback]919903[/snapback]​
If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen! :p
Really though, pica_nuttalli is right. Consider it good advice. If I can do weekly water changes on all 8 of my tanks and 13 betta bowls, you can do them on yours ;)

yeah but that means I have to refill the bucket I use to pour water in tanks when the water evaporates every week. :S

Durbkat said:
yeah but that means I have to refill the bucket I use to pour water in tanks when the water evaporates every week. :S
[snapback]923587[/snapback]​

Yeah, you will.

Alright. Anyway why is this topic still going on I posted this almost two weeks ago and my question was answered?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back