Just Started Uncovering Tanks

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Blobfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've just lifted the coverings on the tanks a little (rather than shocking the fish by removing the all at once) and the Java Medaka have all gathered in the uncovered corner.  I've missed them so much ... maybe they have missed me too :)  I made a big batch of food for them last night!

make sure you don't over feed. another thing you can do is put hanging/floating plants. it'll give them a more comfortable feeling and then they will get use to coming out. 
if the java medaka are similar to the guppy then just allow them time, have more floating plants and remove slowly over time. 

Yay!! Hopefully that problem of yours goes away :)

BerryAttack said:
make sure you don't over feed. another thing you can do is put hanging/floating plants. it'll give them a more comfortable feeling and then they will get use to coming out. 
if the java medaka are similar to the guppy then just allow them time, have more floating plants and remove slowly over time. 

I had the tanks blacked out to control an algae out break :)
l_l_l said:
Yay!! Hopefully that problem of yours goes away
smile.png

Thanks :)  It's not totally gone but much improved.  Hopefully I will finally get the plants in this weekend - I have lots but got stuck trying to arrange the hardscaping and then the algae set in.  Once the plants are in, I can get some more fish!

depending on the size of tank, bristlenose plecos are very good algae eaters.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back