just set up a new aquarium...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Well, you talked me into it Tazz,;) lol!
We added six leopard danios today. They seem to have suffered no ill effects. My daughter thinks there are two female, four males. Three of the 'males' are frantically chasing one of the 'females' around the tank.
With this type of danio, do the males have a more golden sheen and the females a silver sheen, with a slightly plumper body? Anybody keep them?

hi kittyuk, i keep zebra danios, not sure about the colour but yes the females have a plumper body, there a lovely little fish and are very lively, :)

Saturday 23 Nov

ammonia: 1.2
nitrite: 0.1
pH: 7.6
GH: 100ppm
KH: 80ppm

tazz

:ninja:

Sunday 24 Nov

pH: 7.6
GH: 100ppm
KH: 80ppm

tazz

You probably only need to test your nitrItes and ammonia at this time and this often, the KH, pH and Gh should stay pretty constant :) :thumbs:

Monday 25 Nov

ammonia: 1.2 - 2.4

tazz

Tuesday 26 Nov

ammonia: 2.4
nitrite: 0.3

tazz

I'd do a little water change say 10-20% the ammonia is a little high. Make sure u don't interfere with the filter and use dechlorinated water ;)

Wednesday 27 Nov

Did a 10% water change today - and added treated water (added the water treatment in the bucket of water b4 i added the water to the tank) into the tank

tazz

Glad to see the ammonia has come down so much! Good stuff B)

Hopefully it'll continue to decline and the nitrite will build up a little before also falling.

How long left till the fish offer ends? The cycle may take longer than anticipated...

unfortunately the offer ends tommorrow heh.. but havnig said that - they will prolly have some others on special for the following 2 wks... so il have to head down to chek out what they have this time =)

tazz

Thursday 28 Nov

tazz

Friday 29 Nov

tazz

Sunday 1 Dec
(did a 10% water change today)

tazz
(sorry wasnt in all day yesterday - but when i checked the lvls today - ammonia was 2.4, and nitrite was 0.3 so i did a water change - waited a few then checked again)

hmm this is odd the ammonia really should be declining!! Keep up the testing though - you could get a prize for the longest cycle ever :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back