Just set up a 10 gallon. Stocking ideas?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Bettas are a bit too common.
All species except for domestics:
am-ia-joke-to-you-am-ia-joke.gif

Iā€™d probably put two males and 4 females in a 10. The males do claim a territory and chase other males away. If you plant more heavily and add other things (rocks, driftwood, etc)to break up lines of sight, you can probably add another male or two. The sub-dominant males will tend to not color-upā€¦.Iā€™m not familiar with Seriously fish. I purchased mine from an eBay seller. I had ordered one pair, she was nice enough to send a second pair without charge.
thanks for the info! seriously fish is a really good website for getting accurate information about different fish species. I'll check ebay thanks!

thanks for the info! seriously fish is a really good website for getting accurate information about different fish species. I'll check ebay thanks!
Gotcha! I thought it was an online store. I checked Seriously Fish but didnā€™t see any info (which is surprising) Thereā€™s plenty of info online though. The fish are commonly known as pygmy sunfish. There are a few different species, E gilberti and E evergladei are probably the most popular.

Iā€™d probably put two males and 4 females in a 10. The males do claim a territory and chase other males away. If you plant more heavily and add other things (rocks, driftwood, etc)to break up lines of sight, you can probably add another male or two. The sub-dominant males will tend to not color-upā€¦.Iā€™m not familiar with Seriously fish. I purchased mine from an eBay seller. I had ordered one pair, she was nice enough to send a second pair without charge.
It might be also a good idea to set up caves if elassoma gilberti are territorial. Maybe stick stones together into a cave form or use terracotta or unpainted ceramic pots. Could make the tank be more interesting too.

Those pygmy sunfish are the coolest thing I have ever seen.

if you want some rarer nano fish:
a small group of pseudomugil luminatus
Bubble bee gobies
I've never kept them but maybe a small group of shell dwelling multifasciatus if you can get you to water hard enough
Possible a type of wild betta like beta mahachai
Medaka rice fish are super cool
If your really dedicated possible some pipe fish

hope that helps
Ember

If youā€™re looking for a shoaling fish I recommend Sundadanio axelrodi. I love mine. They really glow in tanin-stained water. They never seem to look as good in photos as they do in person.

Attachments

• DFCEB55D-99F5-4CA1-8116-71FC694F6E11.jpeg
    DFCEB55D-99F5-4CA1-8116-71FC694F6E11.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 29

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back