Just Seen At The Cinema

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

daizeUK

Fish Botherer
Reaction score
Star Trek - Into Darkness
Wrath of Khan has always been the best Star Trek film - until now!  Thought it was awesome!

Will see it eventually. Grew up on the original series.

Best 3 movies, not necessarily in order so far:

The Voyage Home
First Contact
Star Trek

That's high praise Daize.  If you believe Wrath of Khan was the best, that indicates your 'history' with the series, so that raises your assessment in my eyes.  Some of these newbies don't seem to realize that "The Next Generation" was a sequel.

A strong list TTA, except for "Star Trek", if you are referring to the original movie.  

BTW, can anyone name another brand like Star Trek that has been so successful both as a TV show and as main stream movies?

We're taking the father to see if for his big day this weekend. I hope it's good because I've largely been disappointed by movies thie year, It would be nice to actually find something impressive.

I'm an oldie, so am not really that keen on the Abrams take. yes it does get rid of the "politicla correctness" of TNG (and, to an extent, TOS) but that correctness was the whole point of all the series, up to now.
indeed it was the basic premmis for "Great Bird's" idea.

this said into darkness was a really great film, but falls only second on my star trek films list:

1, Undescovered Country.
2, Into Darkness
3, First Contact
4, Rath Of Kahn
5, Insurrection
6, Abrams Star Trek

I like to view the films like Great Bird did, as apocryphal, as opposed to being a direct part of the Star Trek world.

I have to  admit that Benedict Cumberbatch made the film for me
But then, as you yanks clearly realise, Brits always make the best baddies! :D

As a trekkie fan I really enjoyed this film too. Have to admit BC is very easy on the eye . He can act too which is always a bonus!
I think the changing of the time lines in Abram's Star Trek made it easy to tweak the storylines and generate some really good films!

daizeUK said:
I have to  admit that Benedict Cumberbatch made the film for me
But then, as you yanks clearly realise, Brits always make the best baddies! :D
My all time favorite bad guy is Alan Rickman.

Alan Rickman is genius
If you like him you'll love Rowan Atkinson as Blackadder in the British comedy TV series, the best 'bad' guy ever!
Benedict Cumberbatch was also great as Sherlock in the British TV series.

We're hoping to see the new Superman film next.  We have to wait for the parents in law to get back from holiday so we can get a few hours free from kids :D

I don't think that I could get past my experience of Rowan Atkinson as "Mr. Bean" for him to truly be a 'bad' guy.

Mr Bean is rubbish.  Absolute rubbish, it makes me cringe.  Total waste of Atkinson's true talent.
Watch Blackadder series 2 or 3 (not 1, they hadn't got his character fully fleshed out at that stage) - he plays a smart, sarcastic and mean character and it's very very funny.

Edit: here's a couple of clips from youtube
Archery (Series 2)
Macbeth (Series 3)

I watched Into Darkness. Its just OK in my book. I thought the first prequel was far better.

I meant Star Trek as I typed it, which is the name of the 11th movie in the series. The first movie was Star Trek The Motion Picture.  ( or the Movie).

I have been a SciFi enthusiast most of my life. I watched the original series when it was originally broadcast.

There is no such thing as SyFy. I used to watch the SciFi channel a lot, I almost never watch the SyFy Channel at all.

Wrath of Khan has ALWAYS been my favorite, and I thought this new movie was AWESOME (Wrath of Khan is still my favorite tho) :3

I agree with Daize about Mr Bean - just plain stoopid imo!
BC's Sherlock is just brilliant - before they aired the first series I thought this is going to be c r a p but it was a really good take on the genre combining some of the short stories into 1½ hr films. Martin Freeman's Dr Watson is understated and just brilliant too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back