Just returned

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mlee0332

Fish Addict
Reaction score
All my fish are good to go! But I have noticed on one of my fish about a week before I left had a spot on him, so I treated it for fungus. I treated before I left and now that I am back it looks the same! When I looked at it really close, it looked like either the scales were ripped off and not grown back yet or they are discolored. Can melafix fix it? Other than that everything is good. No strange activity or anything...

i have tried, but my camera is very crappy. It'll take a great pic until you try to take a pic of water... makes me pissed But it doesn't look nasty, or infected. It just looks like a ring that you make on the end table if you set a cup on it w/out a coaster. The only dif is that its solid. hth

Melafix is more of a conditioner than a medicail treatment. It might help stimulate the fish's immune system but it won't cause the scales to grow back. Those do grow back but it takes a while.

What fish is it, and where are the scales missing, is it a big patch or small patch, does the area look fluffy, has the fish darkened in colour.

it is a white cloud, and the spot has no fungus on it. It is in the dead center of the fish's right side. The fish is the same color as he has always been, and it is really hard to tell where the spot is. The only way I noticed it was a disruption in the stripes the run down their species' side. (you know the kind of golden and red stripes) After I looked at him good, I could see a small dot (a little bit smaller than a normal pencil's eraser) that was only slightly lighter than his normal color.

Other than that, nothing unusual. No lethargy, darting, nonthing. He's had it now for 2 weeks. The ring was a bit larger tho when I left, so it's healed a little bit, but not much...

Snailguy101 said:
hmm can this be aggression?
I thought that maybe he got it b/c another one got him too. There is one smaller one that is dominant over the other 3 fish in the tank, and I know I need some more to help fix that prob. I just had an epidemic that wiped out 70% of the tank's fish, and the rest of the wc shoal died.

Just do some water changes fish can heal themselves, just keep observing it to make sure it not getting worse, good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back