Just not loving it

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeah we got 2 cockatiels and yes we gotta change batteries haha
Tank is really looking awesome. I just went back and looked at the first photo, then to this one, the difference! I also don't think every tank has to have a black background, but it really does make so many things pop. You can see the work you've put into it paying off.

Tank is really looking awesome. I just went back and looked at the first photo, then to this one, the difference! I also don't think every tank has to have a black background, but it really does make so many things pop. You can see the work you've put into it paying off.
I notice most backgrounds you see on the aquascapes on Google images dont have black backgrounds, but white!

Yep. Many aquascapers used frosted window films as backgrounds for planted aquariums. In a sense, a frosted background adds more depth as opposed to a black background.
Where would one be able to find such a thing?

Yeah.... im scrapping a lot of this tank. I can't like it, my ludwigia has failed to even start taking to this tank, just keeps melting at the stem and is bare all the way to the top like weird trees from the Lorax.

None of the driftwood wants to stay submerged or stay put. The moss glued to branches is dying off.

I'm just done with this scape. Scrapping the whole lot of it.

:mad::mad::mad:

I took 2 medium sized swords from my 46 and put them in, scrapped the ludwigia (for now its in my fry tank, gonna decide if I keep it there or give it to someone else who may have better luck with it... shame, it used to grow so nice)

Took out lots of the driftwood because I was swearing at it too much... id move one plant and the whole piece of wood would shoot up out of place, despite being submerged for months. Im done with that haha, but kept my twisty piece as its good and sunken and my elm root tangles.

Left their silly flat rock cave since they like to chill on the top of it and my pleco lives in there a lot.

My vals are all behind the swords.
20200808_231954.jpg

The moss i superglued to the red pot is also coming off too. Whatever lol they like the stupid thing anyways. Maybe I'll move it, I don't know.

But a fresh start. With plants I know do very well for me. I'll add a bit more water hyacinths on the right side, their roots are loved by the fish.

Phew.

Added a massive water hyacinth...

Seeing it today with a less grumpy mind, im seeing better potential with this.

Look close you can see one of my hoplos chilling in the pot
20200809_200049.jpg

further progress!

Ive tweaked the rock pile so its more natural looking, less "stacked", moved the anubias, added a piece of wood with some java fern over the rock pile... tweaked the position of the twisty driftwood branch into a nice centerpiece... and half buried the pot.

I think i am much more satisfied with this now.
20200810_202701.jpg

Lastly ill probably replace my airline with black airline now that there's a black background.

Most reactions

trending

Back