Just Learning.......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

enchanted

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well, I can't say I'm completely new to tropical fish. My parents had fish most of my younger life, but this is my first tank.

The tank was a freebie. :) I moved into a new place and it was here, landlord said I could have it. :)

36x12x15 which I've learned is a 25 Gallon and an odd size. Find a hood has become a task.

So far I have 6 guppies and a plecostamas. Still trying to verify which guppies are male and female. It's not as easy as they say. :(

I did the walmart thing to begin with (won't buy fish there again). I have an aquatec back filter and a Tetra heater.

So, I'm learning and figuring it out piece by piece. :)

Larry

Welcome to this great site, In here you will find all the answers to your questions so dont be afraid ask.
When asking a question make sure to ad as much info about your tank as you can it helps members answer more accurately. :hi:

Well, I updated my signature to include the main stuff. :)

Thanks for the welcome. :D

Larry

Yeah, he is pretty cool. :)

Well, that is what I thought also, but I have one with a nice tail that I am 100% positive is a female, so that got me all confused.

Then I looked up how else to tell, and I'm fairly sure I'm off kilter w/ 4 males and 2 females. :(

Time to go to Zamzows. :)

Since I'm here and everyone is being so nice. :)

I'm fairly sure after research that the tank I have is a 25 Gallon, but I would like to verify, if anyone knows.

The exact dimensions are:
36" wide (outside of glass)
15 1/4" High
12 1/2" deep

The hieght and depth are from the outside of the black moulding.

Thanks,
Larry

I make it 28 US gallons. :)

The guppies I've seen, the females tend to have colorued tails (though they are more pastel colorued rather than the vibrant colours of teh males' tails) but have pale whitish bodies whereas the males' colours are both on their bodies and tails. HTH.

I was just thinking a picture is worth a thousand words, then I figured out how hard it is to get pictures of fish that are running around a tank...... :S

Based off what clutterydrawer said (thanks) and what I read and know then I have 4 males & 2 females. Trying to decide if I really want two more females in the tank.....

:hi: to the forum.

Glad to see that your parents' hobby rubbed off on you. They should be able to help you out with a few things, and we're here for whatever's left over. :D

Join our school.
:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

:hi: ddreams

you'll have a great time in the livebearers section :nod:

Thanks for all the "welcomes". :D

Yeah, it rubbed off good. Now I have MTS and I'm trying to figure out how to turn keep the two rooms I was going to combined for an office to be seperate and still give me room for my office, but leave the other room for fish. LOL

Most reactions

Back