Just Had To Share

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
The other weekend my husband and I went on a bit of a back roads explore, looking for any new and interesting types of native shrimp. I did find shrimp but they all looked to be the standard macrobrachium and glass shrimp that I already have.

On our drive how ever we did see a huge wedge tail eagle (love seeing them) but she flew across the road to fast and by then we where back on a man road and where not able to stop for a photo, along the same strech of road we also saw an echidna about to amble across the road (they are so slow moving I hope he got across before the other traffic got near him, becuase once agian Hubby wouldnt stop :angry: :sad: ) I think the only reason it was out and about during midday was because the daty was heavily overcast.

I could have caught myself in one of the creeks a beautiiul little (possibly 20cm+) eel, be decided against it when I figured A I really do not need to be bitten by an irrate eel and B I had no where to eventually keep it.

But what I did manage to get some photos of was a family of emus, Dad was up under the tree while his mostly grown offspring where closer to the road.

P1060571.jpg

P1060570.jpg
P1060569.jpg

He did well to raise that many chicks, when small they are easy pickings to all sorts of native and non-native predators.

Glad you liked them, I know emus etc should be pretty common around my area, but I rarely actually get to see them so when I do its always worth mentioning to any other passangers in the car. Next time I see some bustards or plains turkeys hopefully I will have a camera handy and that they will be within camera range. Wedge tails are an even rarer sight, and usually you only manage to find skittled echidnas.

That is very true, :good: , its like kangaroos we see them all the time but its still nice to be driving along a road and get to spy them in a paddock. Mind you its better seeing them in a paddock over beside the road because they invaribly pick the wrong moment to hop across the road..... and they make a mess of cars if you hit one :crazy: (not to mention ruining thier day as well :sad: ).
If I am feeling really dedicated one morning I might get up super early and go to a place on the out skirts of Rockhampton where I know there are feral deer, now thats really something you dont get to see every day in|Australia :nod:

Thanks, I plan to try and remember to take my camera (with charged batteries :rolleyes: ), on our local excursions, especially since its getting warmer now and I need to go out collecting more termites for my finches, so plenty of chances of spying some more natives roaming the country side.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back