Just got some freshwater clams from the lake

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I guess I'll just be ignorant and blindly follow anything you say because clearly you must be better than me. Thanks for telling me the polite way to shut up and never share my opinion.
We arent all aquarium geniuses here but we try our best and some of us are quite knowledgeable.

Also, I've heard that clams don't even get diseases, so there's no risk.
They can get diseases but it's uncommon. The diseases they get usually only infect mussels. clams and other types of shellfish, and are usually fungal or bacterial.

They are normally fine coming from the wild and are unlikely to introduce a disease into your tank. The bigger risk with diseases is aquarium diseases getting into the wild.

Okay, I guess I'll just be ignorant and blindly follow anything you say because clearly you must be better than me. Thanks for telling me the polite way to shut up and never share my opinion.

If you want to talk with adults, then learn to communicate like an adult, and not like a sulky brat.

Nice bratty hyperbole, but no, I didn't say that. Wasn't referring to me either, I haven't even given any advice in this thread except when it comes to manners. I stopped bothering giving any advice to you after the first few threads. You were ungrateful and rude then as well, so I'm not gonna waste my time there. Of course you can share and give your opinion, and it's wise to question everything, not take it on blind faith just because an authority says it.

But there's a middle ground. At least be polite and grateful when people with decades of experience and research into the hobby like @Colin_T and @Byron generously share with you, for free in their free time. It's very much worth considering what they're saying, given their vast knowledge. They command respect around here for a reason. Saying thank you for their time and effort, even if you don't follow their advice, is the least you could do. Instead, you have a habit of dismissing them and telling them they're wrong, when you're brand new to the hobby and have no idea. I'm letting you know that it's been noticed, and it's not the way to win friends and influence people, or to continue to get helpful advice. No one will bother taking the time for someone who is ungrateful and rude in response.

Our forums are a safe and friendly place to be, we are polite and kind to one another and most of all we have fun and learn from each other. There's always someone to hand in an emergency and we encourage and help each other when mistakes are made (which we all do from time to time). You need to wind your neck in and eat some humble pie if you're going to learn anything and be successful in your hobby. I won't be replying to your posts if this is how you're going to respond...just so you know

Our forums are a safe and friendly place to be, we are polite and kind to one another and most of all we have fun and learn from each other. There's always someone to hand in an emergency and we encourage and help each other when mistakes are made (which we all do from time to time). You need to wind your neck in and eat some humble pie if you're going to learn anything and be successful in your hobby. I won't be replying to your posts if this is how you're going to respond...just so you know
I concur.

Yep, 100% agree. Far too much spoilt teenage bratty behaviour going on and a serious lack of manners to the people putting in the time and effort in an attempt to help - which is impossible due to the terrible attitude we get in response.

I'm out too - good luck to all your fish :)

If you don't want to listen to advice, why ask? I have noticed this same trend in most of your threads.
I do listen! Do you know how many changes I've made to my aquarium because of this forum? Just sometimes resources aren't available to me because I have to get stuff through my parents. If I didn't care I wouldn't be here.

Yep, 100% agree. Far too much spoilt teenage bratty behavior going on and a serious lack of manners to the people putting in the time and effort in an attempt to help - which is impossible due to the terrible attitude we get in response.

I'm out too - good luck to all your fish :)
I'm not spoiled, my living situation is actually the opposite.

If you want to talk with adults, then learn to communicate like an adult, and not like a sulky brat.

Nice bratty hyperbole, but no, I didn't say that. Wasn't referring to me either, I haven't even given any advice in this thread except when it comes to manners. I stopped bothering giving any advice to you after the first few threads. You were ungrateful and rude then as well, so I'm not going to waste my time there. Of course, you can share and give your opinion, and it's wise to question everything, not take it on blind faith just because an authority says it.

But there's a middle ground. At least be polite and grateful when people with decades of experience and research into the hobby like @Colin_T and @Byron generously share with you, for free in their free time. It's very much worth considering what they're saying, given their vast knowledge. They command respect around here for a reason. Saying thank you for their time and effort, even if you don't follow their advice, is the least you could do. Instead, you have a habit of dismissing them and telling them they're wrong, when your brand new to the hobby and have no idea. I'm letting you know that it's been noticed, and it's not the way to win friends and influence people, or to continue to get helpful advice. No one will bother taking the time for someone who is ungrateful and rude in response.
I could just leave this forum if I'm not welcome and getting insults instead. I do have a disorder that might be the reason why I'm so confused about this, because I have no idea what I did to have people call me rude and say I'm not following advice. The only times I don't follow advice is because I'm limited by resources, I've made plenty of changes thanks to this forum. But I'm being canceled by the community, I'll leave and let my fish tough it out with the limited knowledge I have.

If you won't be interacting, maybe that's a good thing. Those that don't get along should stay apart to avoid conflict.

I could just leave this forum if I'm not welcome and getting insults instead. I do have a disorder that might be the reason why I'm so confused about this, because I have no idea what I did to have people call me rude and say I'm not following advice. The only times I don't follow advice is because I'm limited by resources, I've made plenty of changes thanks to this forum. But I'm being canceled by the community, I'll leave and let my fish tough it out with the limited knowledge I have.
You're not being cancelled, and you don't have to leave. We're just pointing out that you never thank the people who take time out to help you, and often your responses have been dismissive and kinda rude. Things can come across shaper than we mean when in text form, since we can't read tone, but it's been a pattern in your responses.
All we're doing is pointing it out to you, that it's hurtful for someone to take time out to write a long explanation, only for you to shrug it off without even a thank you. We're asking you to think about how you respond to people and try to be more polite.

Listen, I understand both sides.
I think SOME people here have been rude to @VioletThePurple but also I think @VioletThePurple could accepts facts brought up by veterans in the aquarium hobby a bit better than what she has.

She has made changes and I remembered when she joined.
Whether she decides to take advice or not is her decision and it may work out for her or not.
But we shouldn't go and make accusations on someone we don't even really know.

I think she also just questions things. And it may come across arrogant but really she just wants to know why.
Not to say she could have asked it in a different way.
But both sides have been a bit rude in my honest opinion.

This thread has descended too far into an argument to be constructive so we are locking this thread.

There are good answers and advice in here that need to be respected and not cast aside and all members need to be respectful of each other rather than having to descend into this kind back and forth.

Wills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back