Just Got My Sterbia Corys Advice Wanted

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

aquamike

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 135 gallon tank. The current stock is two medium angelfish, seven glowlight tetras, and five sterbia cory catfish.

I feel concerned that the sterbias aren't getting their share of food. My angelfish seem to rob everything from them. I feed the tetras and angelfish normal flake food and dry foods like bloodworms, brine shrimp etc(a different food each day basically). I sink hikari wafers for the Corys but the angelfish find them and basically steal the wafers. I don't want to overfeed or get rid of anything so anyones suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help :good: ,
Mike

Hi Mike

Congra for new c. sterbai. If you have problem with angelfish take away food from Cory, you can do this turn light of and feeding your cory with sink hikari wafers. Cory will find in the dark with out any problem. Your sterbai should have enough food if you feed both Flake food and wafers thae same time.

So where did you get your sterbai? I went to PA last week and they still have a lot of sterbai.

Take some pictures of your sterbai and show to us.

Thank you

I've only had my cories for a week but just realized that the best way to make sure that the cories get some food is to feed frozen, defrosted bloodworms. They go everywhere, so my cories and the 8 pearl danios all get some. When I feed tablets/pellets, the danios run off with them, carry them through the tank, and at the end one lucky danio swallows a huge chunk whole!!!!

Hi Mike

Congra for new c. sterbai. If you have problem with angelfish take away food from Cory, you can do this turn light of and feeding your cory with sink hikari wafers. Cory will find in the dark with out any problem. Your sterbai should have enough food if you feed both Flake food and wafers thae same time.

So where did you get your sterbai? I went to PA last week and they still have a lot of sterbai.

Take some pictures of your sterbai and show to us.

Thank you

HI,
I BOUGHT THEM FROM THE STORE THAT HAD THEM FOR 19.99 IN HAMPSTEAD. I GOT THEM FOR $15 A PIECE AFTER ALITTLE WHEELIN AND DEALIN. THEY ARE ABOUT 1.5" AND THEY ARE WILD CAUGHT IMPORTED ONES. I BOUGHT 5 OF THEM. 3 FEMALES AND 2 MALES. AS FAR AS PICTURES GO, THAT MIGHT TAKE ME AWHILE. I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.

THANKS FOR EVERYONES THOUGHTS AND ADVICE.
Mike

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back