Just got my plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishies4Ever

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just got my plants from Marcus fishtanks they all arrived pretty healthy looking and two days earlier than I was expecting. I have only ever had two live plants before so I’m not sure how I am supposed to do this. Should I acclimate them, is that a thing for plants? I got a mystery cryptocoryn which I asked about in another post. The others are Anubias nana petite, Java fern, red myrio, and creeping golden Jenny. Where should I put these plants in my tank? My tank is 10 gallon btw. Any and all help is very greatly appreciated so thank you!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 15
Attach the anubias to the wood. It gets nutrients from water column and not from substrate. Then the others, you can just put in various locations you like that looks good. Taller ones towards the back and carpet/small plants towards the front.

The java fern should also be attached to the wood as its an epiphite like the anubias. The cryptocoryne may melt away but don't remove it thinking its dead, most crypts go through this process but will adjust itself to its new environment and start producing new leaves. Get yourself some root tabs if you haven't already 👍🏻

I just planted all my plants!! I am super excited, I hope my fish are liking it a bit better maybe. They were all really easy to plant except for the golden creeping Jenny. The roots seemed to be all over the plants so I just tried my best. I have 2 photos which are a before and after except the after is the first pic and the before is the second.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 21
  • D4D6302A-891E-43B9-A683-988A4AD27F0D.jpeg
    D4D6302A-891E-43B9-A683-988A4AD27F0D.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 19
The fluffy stem plant in the middle will grow tall, you can trim it and replant the trimmings to propagate

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back