Just got my ACT results in...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wow! I always thought both sounded cool, but marine sounds more exciting. I would study manatees, I just think they are so cool
I would probably study reefs, or rather the fish in reefs. Big sea fish are cool, but I love reefs.

I would probably study reefs, or rather the fish in reefs. Big sea fish are cool, but I love reefs.
Oooooo yeah. That would be so cool!
We go to the beach almost every year, down in Florida, and they don’t have any reefs That I know of, but there is this cool little rocky outcropping that we climb out on, and there are all kinds of cool things there. Rocks and algae, but no corals. There ARE pelicans, little sea birds with long legs, Sooty Sea Hairs (they are so, so fun), one year we saw a manatee there, and another year we found a little baby octopus washed up in the some seaweed! My mom found a seahorse there when she was a little girl. And there are all different kinds of little striped fish.

I thinkkkkk there are sea turtles in reefs? I love sea turtles ? :lol:

Marine biology includes any organisms living in fresh, brackish or salt water environments. Once you have finished studying the marina biology course, you go and study whatever water way you like.

Marine biology includes any organisms living in fresh, brackish or salt water environments. Once you have finished studying the marina biology course, you go and study whatever water way you like.
That was what I thought!

You just study "marine biology". The 4 years of study cover everything you need to know and then you go off and study whatever you are interested in.

You can probably do it part time online and pick a few courses here and there. It will take a bit longer but you could start now instead of going to uni/ college.

then you go off and study whatever you are interested in.
I was just wondering what the specific’s are, like maybe a reef study? Or the fish in a reef?

Once I leave the military, I want to go to college, graduate, and then open up a fish store. So which specific course would probably help me the most?

I was just wondering what the specific’s are, like maybe a reef study? Or the fish in a reef?

Once I leave the military, I want to go to college, graduate, and then open up a fish store. So which would help me the most?
Not sure what you mean by the first sentence.

In Australia the Marine Biology course has subjects like fish biology, marine mammal biology, microscopic organisms that live in water, crustaceans, water chemistry, etc. As far as I know there isn't a course specifically on marine fish but they should have a subject on corals and marine invertebrates.

You are studying marine biology now. Every time you look at your fish and see what they are doing, you are studying the fish and marine biology.

A fish vet would give you fish health and disease identification & treatment.
Marine biology will teach you how to study aquatic organisms.

You can study aquaculture, which is what a lot of people do in Australia. It is a 2 year full time course and covers things that are more for keeping fish and farming fish for food or pets.

Not sure what you mean by the first sentence.

In Australia the Marine Biology course has subjects like fish biology, marine mammal biology, microscopic organisms that live in water, crustaceans, water chemistry, etc. As far as I know there isn't a course specifically on marine fish but they should have a subject on corals and marine invertebrates.

You are studying marine biology now. Every time you look at your fish and see what they are doing, you are studying the fish and marine biology.

A fish vet would give you fish health and disease identification & treatment.
Marine biology will teach you how to study aquatic organisms.

You can study aquaculture, which is what a lot of people do in Australia. It is a 2 year full time course and covers things that are more for keeping fish and farming fish for food or pets.
I like the sounds of the fish biology and the corals/invertebrates.

I was looking into aquaculture, but it’s more on a large scale. I guess it would be good for me to take the course, especially if it’s only 2 years long.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back